3/8/12

mini craft: stamp carving!





Sunday night I got this crazy urge to make some heart stamps.  I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile now, but actually sitting down and doing it seemed difficult.  Lucky for me, Ben had all the supplies because of the Valentines he was making.  Inspired by an art deco lamp I saw on my trip to Architectural Artifacts,  I started sketching ideas and then began carving. (all while watching Bored to Death... such a very silly show)  So far I only have the two stamps, a kind of diamond like heart and an asymmetrical heart.  I'm thinking maybe later today I'll make a smaller one so that I can use it on tags for necklaces.  Which do you like better?

1 comment:

  1. The first one you did is amazing! (as is the second though)...But the first one looks like it has a big M in it! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete