8/6/12

adventures in beading


Oh, summertime.  The time to have plenty of excuses for ignoring this blog of mine.  I've been relatively productive in the creativity department I suppose.  My latest obsession is beading.  I've done some beading on my necklaces, but it was always a little haphazard and didn't really have any sort of pattern.  I really wanted to create a beaded pattern that was symmetrical and you know, done the right way!  I took inspiration from my trip to Architectural Artifacts last winter, specifically a lovely art deco lamp.  I had sketches in my notebook for ages and then thought, I should probably use them for something worthwhile.   So there you have it.  I think it turned out pretty nice.  Though it's not quite as symmetrical as I would have liked because I'm lazy about measuring things... but for a first attempt, I think it went pretty darn well!  And there will be more to come!  These wooly felt bib necklaces will be lovely for fall and winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment